Hopefully the previous topics have given you a little idea about what is Seibel CRM and how it can help a company to be effective.
We also learnt how to install Siebel and what the different entities are that Siebel application talks. Below is the summary. Pictorial representation of Siebel functions.
- Configuration File: It is normal text file with a file extension of cfg. It contains all the parameters that Siebel uses during startup. It is a place holder for parameters.
- Siebel Client: This is the User Interface of Siebel to which the employee or the customer access. There are different types of clients
- Siebel Tools: It is an Interface or development environment used to configure Siebel Application. This is used by Seibel Developers.
- Siebel Repository: This is a subset of tables in the Siebel Database which stores all the object definition or configuration details including scripts.
- Siebel SRF: Also called as Siebel Repository File (SRF) is a file with extension srf and is the compiled version of Siebel Repository. In short it is a compiled file.
Below is the visual representation of how different components connect.
Next we will see how to get started on developing Siebel application.