Siebel Enterprise Integration Managers is used to populate, update or delete data in Siebel database by using EIM tables.
To use the EIM engine, we need to populate the EIM tables, either from legacy database to populate or update or from Siebel base tables themselves to delete.
We invoke the EIM tool by giving a text file as a parameter. the text file (.ifb extension) indicate the EIM table used and the base tables to populate, update or delete from.
Points to remember in EIM
What is EIM?
Bidirectional exchange of data between non siebel database and siebel database. Siebel Enterprise Integration Manager (EIM) is a server component in the Siebel eAI component group that transfers data between the Siebel database and other corporate data sources. This exchange of information is accomplished through intermediary tables called EIM tables.The EIM tables act as a staging area between the Siebel application database and other data sources.
Functions of EIM?
There are a number of ways of deleting in EIM
Deletes rows from the base table where the keys match those previously populates in the EIM table (remember to set CLEAR INTERFACE TABLES = FALSE)
[Siebel Interface Manager] UPDATE STATISTICS = TRUE USING SYNONYMS = FALSE PROCESS = Clear Subscriptions
[Clear Subscriptions] TYPE = SHELL INCLUDE = “Delete Subscriptions”
[Delete Subscriptions] TYPE = DELETE BATCH = $myBatch TABLE = EIM_QUOTE USE INDEX HINTS = TRUE CASCADE DELETE ONLY = TRUE CLEAR INTERFACE TABLE = FALSE ONLY BASE TABLES = S_DOC_QUOTE DELETE EXACT=TRUE
DELETE MATCHES is used with a WHERE Clause where you would delete only selected records by filtering out the records in the table.
EIM is two step process.
- Loading legacy data to interface tables.
- Loading siebel base table from interface table thru EIM task.
Loading legacy data to interface tables
- Legacy data-any text file or excel file (data mapping)
- Convert the data to load into i/f table into above file format
use sql loader or any other tool based on your database to load into i/f table
- SQL LOADER-ORACLE
- Do the appropriate mapping in excel sheet b/w columns in i/f table and columns in Siebel base tables.
Loading siebel base table from interface table thru EIM task
- Use the EIM task to run the second step
- Create ifb file as per your requirement from already existing default.ifb
- IFB FILE has two parts
- Process-name of process (given by your own)
- Description of process
- [procees name]
- BATCH NUMBER
- ONLY BASE TABLES and ONLY BASE COLUMNS
- Save it and provide as one job parameter during EIM task. I think you know other parameter like trace flag, error flag, etc. Then run the task.
- EIM errors
- Ambiguous-now row id is provided
- Duplicate-with same row id
- Foreign key mapping-failed to map
- Required columns-failed to load some required columns
- Picklist-fail to load the values given in picklist