Oracle BI Server can access data stored in
Normalized schema databases
Star or snowflake schema databases
Today I am gonna tell you how to use excel data source in OBIEE.
1. Create a new excel file.
2. Each sheet present in an excel file will represent a table.
3. Select the range (i.e. rows and columns) and give the name of the table as shown in figure.
or you can go to Formulas>Define Name and give the scope and range.
4. The above figure shows the EmpTable and DepTable. These tables are present in separate sheet of same excel file.
5. Now create a System DSN for Excel data source. Select Driver to Microsoft Excel from the list of drivers.
6. Give the name of DSN, select the workbook i.e. your excel file and click on Ok.
7. Go to Administration tools and click on File>Import from Database. Select the DSN which you created for Excel.
8. When you click on Import, it will import all the tables present in that excel file.
9. Once you get the tables in physical layer, you can play around with those tables to create subject area.